Sunday, February 21, 2010

EUREKA

I have finally found it! Even though I have wanted locs for about 10 years, I have finally found that 'feeling' that everyone is talking about. You know, that warm and fuzzy feeling that you get when you can just walk out of the house as YOU with no additives? I have been a braid wearer for years and, although my hair is shoulder length, extensions helped with thickness. The braids afforded me the freedom that many of my friends didn't have. I could get ready in minutes, go to the gym, swim and look fly the entire time. But, there came the time to take them down and get them re-done. That was a 12 hour ordeal for me...6 hour take down, 6 hours to get them re- braided. And I did it happily for years. THAT was my freedom. Well, I have been locked for exactly one week today and I am in love with my locs. They are thin and straight and my parts and scalp are showing but I am in love with them. I uses Lock Loops two nights ago and have a really tightly curled bob and I feel fabulous. This is me, with no additives! Now all I have to work on is being 10% fat free!! ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new locks and your new found freedom. The curls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the family! Your sisterlocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on you new loc journey... your hair looks great! ive been locking for close to two years but just recently i took my locs down because they were too thick. Now i have braidlocs installed. and i must say that from personal experience with locs that you are in for the ride of your life. your hair is going to be changing in so many ways, but ultimately for the better. I can tell you now that it definitely feels good to have your natural hair with no additives. its a beautiful feeling. good luc with your loc journey and i hope to see how they come out. Blessings to you and your locs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations your new babies look amazing. I like the curls too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new venture. Your hair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Takes mosts months to learn to make curls like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete