Saturday, August 14, 2010

6 Months Sisterlock'd!!!

Hi all. Well, I have been Sisterlock'd for 6 months as of Aug 13, 2010. I am even more in love with my locks than ever. I wake up every morning and do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I never have to worry about sweating-out my hair-style! I think, since my hair was 7-9 inches long on day one, shrinkage has simply kept my hair the same length instead of made it look shorter like some others with locks. (I hope I explained that well.)
I have no buds or coils at my ends but I can see the locking at the root and a few inches out. I know that I will have straight ends for quite some time, but I am okay with it.  I am still dealing with a bit of dry-scalp and flaking. I am using T-Sal shampoo (with the Starter shampoo) and it works very well. I think it would work better if I shampooed more often but I don't want to risk slippage. I would rather have an itchy scalp for an extra few days than have my locks slip. So far, I can wash my hair every week and a half  to two weeks and have no slippage and very little itchiness. If you have any comments or advice about this, please feel free to leave a comment. I have included some pictures of my hair (I hate taking pix).
I usually wear it like this or up in a pony-tail. This is a braid out from my last wash...about 2 weeks ago.

From root out about 3-4 inches, I am seeing thickening of my locks.
Just finished a work-out. Didn't have to worry about sweat! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment